Prayer for Patient Comfort Prior to Plastic Surgery Procedures by Dr. Kenneth Benjamin Hughes, Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

         Prayer for Patient Comfort Prior to Plastic Surgery Procedures 
          by Dr. Kenneth Benjamin Hughes, Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

          I am often asked by patients to say a prayer prior to surgery.  I never suggest this so as not to offend or disrupt the patient state prior to surgery, but it is interesting how often patients express their desire for prayer prior to surgery.  I am not, as a plastic surgeon, trying to proselytize patients.  Although I am Christian and have powerful feelings and beliefs in that regard, the professionalism of medicine I think prohibits me from introducing this element into conversation.  

          In my personal life, this is a totally different paradigm.  In my life in which I have endured immense struggles the likes of which would probably have crippled anyone else, my faith has allowed me to overcome.  After a serious automobile accident at age 23, I had one surgery after another and had nerve damage and difficulty walking, sitting, etc. for over a year.  When you have been reduced from a successful division 1 collegiate athlete who could perform feats of strength few could appreciate to an individual trying to rebuild a body just to walk, the stark contrast would have been enough to defeat most.  For me, faith and prayer saw me through some miserable times.  And this was not the only time in my life that I confronted seemingly insurmountable obstacles.

        The words of the Bible resonate in my mind throughout these times.  Psalm 31 in its entirety brings reassurance and wisdom and hope.  There will always be bad introduced into your life and sometimes downright evil and sinister elements will encroach.  And though you may be scarred and do not go unscathed by life, my growth in faith and reliance upon the Lord has helped me through times that seemed impossible, times in which there seemed no path ahead.

learn more about Dr. Kenneth Benjamin Hughes on his websites
https://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com
https://www.drkennethbenjaminhughesmd.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Question and Answer for Brazilian buttlift (BBL) Volume 2 with Dr. Kenneth Benjamin Hughes, Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon